Khe Ga lighthouse

Đăng ngày: 1/25/2010 10:43:52 AM - Lượt xem 1745

Khe Ga Lighthouse was built on top of the Khe Ga Island, which has an area of 05ha in size and lies offshore Tan Thanh commune, Ham Thuan Nam District, about 30 km southeast of Phan Thiet city. It was designed by a French engineer for the purpose of navigating ships. It was first started in 1897 and completed in 1898. To make a token of time, a big slab of granite stone was put at the entrance to the lighthouse engraved with the number 1899. The lighthouse officially came into being in 1900.

Khe Ga Lighthouse was built on top of the Khe Ga Island, which has an area of 05ha in size and lies offshore Tan Thanh commune, Ham Thuan Nam District, about 30 km southeast of Phan Thiet city.

It was designed by a French engineer for the purpose of navigating ships. It was first started in 1897 and completed in 1898. To make a token of time, a big slab of granite stone was put at the entrance to the lighthouse engraved with the number 1899. The lighthouse officially came into being in 1900.

Perhaps this is the biggest lighthouse in the whole country, made from granite stone brought by the French. The most striking characteristic is that the granite blocks had been carved with shapes and sizes that fit together. In other words, all that was to be done was to place them in the right order using only mortar, no coating was needed. Today, Khe Ga Lighthouse has become a tourist attraction not only noticeable for its architecture but also for its fantastic natural scenery.

Liên kết website